Friday 23 January 2015

just a few words

Its nine o'clock but I promised myself I would post every Friday, so here I am trying to think of something to write. 

I've had a much needed and much enjoyed day off with my wonderful husband today. We took the hound for a walk in the winter sunshine around Brede woods. We always talk the best to the rhythm of a steady walking pace, conversation flows so much more naturally than when we are sat at a table or on the sofa. Next, we treated ourselves to lunch at the Cross Inn at Staplecross where we had a delicious burger and possibly the best chips I have ever had. I think they must have been those triple fried ones, really crunchy and fluffy inside! The pub was very pretty too, all rough wood, slate grey paint and hanging hops, good service, comfy chairs, just should have sat a bit closer to the fire. 

Then, on to pick the children up from school. All very relaxing and a good catch up with each other. No photos I'm afraid, I do find a camera distracting sometimes, it can feel like you're so busy trying to capture a beautiful moment that you forget to enjoy it. Largely my lack of photographic experience I am sure. 

So apart from today the week has gone by as it does....No sewing but started a drawing/painting/collage that has been brewing in my head for a while. It's still in the early stages but I think its going well and worth continuing with when I get the chance. 

Have started and deleted a few lines now, due to excessive waffling so I think it's time to sign off! Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Come on Paisley! where is last Friday's post?! I keep checking for it but nothing ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete